Grief due to the death of a loved one, a serious illness, divorce, job loss or other life change can be a difficult process to navigate alone. At times it can feel overwhelming and isolating. Connecting with a trained, caring and accepting professional can provide the companionship needed to help one find their way through the difficult journey of grief.
• Understand & normalize healthy grief responses
• Experience companionship as one finds their way
• Understand the tasks of grief
• Come to terms with the reality of ones loss
• Feel and express ones pain in a safe, trusting environment
• Learn to honor ones feelings and needs
• Remember and honor what one has lost
• Discover ones strengths and move forward
Sandplay and drawing are non-verbal methods for children to give form to inner experiences, emotions and unconscious material. Since play and metaphor are a child’s language, their inner process can work more freely and imaginatively than in verbal communication. The sandtray provides a protected space where the child can create a world using miniature figurines and meaningful symbols to express and process issues.
Drawing worry dragons and other emotions can develop emotional literacy and help children to make friends with their big feelings.
• Develop emotional literacy
• Express feelings non-verbally
• Improve parent-child communication
• Develop resiliency skills
Noele is an experienced mediation instructor and offers a variety of mindfulness based practices to strengthen the mind.
• Increased mindfulness in every day life
• Anxiety reduction
• Build anti-depressant brain
• Increase self compassion
• Increase awareness of emotional triggers
• Develop emotional self regulation
. Copyright Noele Bird .